Robert,

I will come to John's defense and I have been employed by Compuware Corporation
(look me up) for the last two plus years. In my years of being a subscriber to
ISVCOSTS, I have *NEVER* seen John sell or recommend an IBM solution over
another ISV. John has taken his non-partisan role *very seriously*. He
facilitates discussion, he surveys and delivers those survey results
accurately, regardless of whether it makes IBM look good or bad.

In the interest of full disclosure, I have met John on numerous occasions in
various cities, spoken to him on the phone on dozens of issues, and exchanged
perhaps 100+ emails. I have sat across the table and looked into the man's eyes
and perceived that I was dealing with an honest, upright man of good moral
character. Enough about John.

I also know Mark extremely well. Mark drew an observation, but he also left
room for being wrong. In this case, he probably is. As an aside, anyone that
has followed my posts over the years would swear I was on Mainstar's payroll at
some point in time. :-) But alas, I never was. I just believed in Ron and his
catalog product. And I have never worked for Al Sherkow either, but I love his
LCS product and promote it every chance I get. To date, neither Al nor Ron has
every given me financial compensation for my evangelism!

Simone obviously feels strongly about File-Aid. Rightly so, as it has been a
market leader and best of breed. I appreciate passion in this industry. We need
more of it. :-)

Bob