________________________________
From: Peter Nuttall <peter.nutt...@euroclear.com>
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Sent: Fri, March 12, 2010 6:49:37 AM
Subject: Re: Comparing - ISPF (3.12 and 3.13) with Comparex

<quote>
Simone obviously feels strongly about File-Aid. Rightly so, as it has been
a market leader and best of breed. I appreciate passion in this industry.
We need more of it. :-)
</quote>

Hear Hear .... It's just a shame there aren't more decision making
managers with the same passion .... Or am I being cynical .... :-) ... Ahh
well .... It's Friday ...

---------------SNIP-------------------
I tried to fight against getting FILEAID but after a while the energy to stop
buying it wasn't worth it.
Once I started to use it I genuinely liked the product, it did take some trial
and error at times to get it to work the way I thought it should, but for most
simple things it was really easy to use.
Support was acceptable and you seem to get the right answer the first time and
the wait(small) was worth it, I thought.
The biggest bitch I had against it was the stupid cpuid issue. I just got tired
of maintaining it we weren't swapping CPU's all that often but when we did it
was a frustrating experience as we had to be there for it.
The manuals were "OK" any vendor remember this the more examples the less you
get calls.
We did have an issue in the early 1990's about putting SWA above the line. We
had to put it on hold for two months (or so) so the COMPUWARE people could
figure out how to get it to work, other than that it was an average product
that worked as expected.
The other issue which I was not involved in was the $$$ end. My manager kept
complaining to me about the cost as in his opinion it was way out of line. I
vaguely remember some of the discussion as I tried to avoid it and even I
thought it was way over priced, but I guess they had to pay for the super-bowel
ads (which did not endear the vendor to our company VP's).

The last company I worked for really got upset at compuware's billing costs and
the (my company) came down with an edict to drop all compuware prodructs. We
found a look alike from Europe and it was 99+ percent compatible. We went for
it and did not have one issue with the replacement so I would say it was
successful. As usual the biggest issue was support, frankly we didn't miss it.

Ed