On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 18:03:58 -0700, Ted MacNEIL <eamacn...@yahoo.ca> wrote:

>>Keep an open mind and use your imagination a little, your point of view
>isn't the only correct one.
>
>Please don't attribute motivations that aren't there.
>I was asking a question and pointing out what may have been a flaw in
reasoning.
>This has nothing to do with a point of view.
>
>I still don't understand the need to protect commands, when the resources
are protected.
>Same question as others have.
>Still no answer.

I'll try one last time.   No one seems to know why for sure, but possible
explanations have been discussed. Data set protection alone isn't granular
enough. It's all or nothing for update access and this change allows more
granular control.  Pretty simple concept.  We can't force you to understand
if you don't.

mailto:mzel...@flash.net