From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List on behalf of Bill Neiman
Sent: Fri 4/9/2010 9:20 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: SYSPLEX/CFRM Couple dataset(s) relationship

Mark,

     It's not sufficient to define a new CFRM policy containing the
corrected CPU number.  Using the IXCMIAPU utility to define a new policy or
update an existing policy only stores that policy in what you might think of
as a standby state in the CFRM CDS.  In order to activate a stored policy,
you must start it with a SETXCF START,POLICY... command.  Did you perhaps
omit that step?

     The sysplex CDS does not contain any information about the CFRM policy
in use.  What it contains is information about the CDS configuration that
was last used for all CDS types.  Without a more detailed explanation of the
steps you executed in establishing your CDS configuration, I can't
immediately explain why redefining your sysplex CDS would have enabled you
to reIPL.

     Bill Neiman
     Parallel Sysplex development, IBM