From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List on behalf of Bill Neiman
Sent: Fri 4/9/2010 2:19 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: SYSPLEX/CFRM Couple dataset(s) relationship

Mark,

     The sysplex CDS contains no information whatsoever about the CFRM
policy or anything in it.

     The COUPLExx CFRMPOL statement only takes effect when there is no
active CFRM policy.  It won't help you if you are using the CFRM CDS from
your production site, or if you have mirrored the CFRM CDS from your
production site.  In those cases, the CFRM CDS contains the active policy
that was last in use in production, and CFRMPOL is irrelevant.  (This is one
of the reasons why IBM strongly recommends that you do not mirror packs
containing the CFRM CDS.)  CFRMPOL is intended for the case when you are
IPLing with a freshly-formatted CFRM CDS which has had policies defined but
which has never been used.

     The only way I can make sense out of your scenario is if you deleted
and redefined your CFRM CDS, in which case the CFRMPOL specification would
have allowed you to come up with your corrected policy.  Deleting and
redefining the sysplex CDS shouldn't have any bearing on the situation.

     Bill Neiman
     Parallel Sysplex development, IBM