From: Mark Post <mp...@novell.com>
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Sent: Wed, April 21, 2010 4:55:50 PM
Subject: Re: COBOL - no longer being taught - is a problem

>>> On 4/21/2010 at 04:27 PM, Ken Porowski <ken.porow...@cit.com> wrote:
> I seem to recall a SHARE presentation about DGTIC (LE CENTRE DE SERVICES
> PARTAGÉS) doing an 'upgrade' to Linux on System z around 2006/2007.

It was actually an Oracle server consolidation onto a brand-new z9BC, followed
by installation of even more virtual Oracle servers.  Paid for itself in less
than a year.

Hopefully you weren't aiming that at anyone from the US.  Our government isn't
exactly well know for reducing the amount of money it borrows.

Mark Post