On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 00:00:00 GMT, Ted MacNEIL
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>We won't really keep the OS down for the hour. Just the subsystems and the
>entry points.
>
>And, this is different, how?

Only insofar as it makes it obvious that this is an application issue. We
can run limited workload such as some system maint jobs. But you are right,
to the vast majority of the users "we are down", because we can't (won't)
run their transactions. I was responding, somewhat whimsically, to John's
comment that his server Admins claim uptime when the Windows OS is up, even
when MSSQL is not.