I never worked with GTFPARS, and only now vaguely remember it, thanks to your
mentioning it.

After CA bought UCCEL in 1987 and redundanted me [1], I lost all contact with
FastDASD's goings-on.  So I don't know about its functional replacement by
Astex which occurred with CA's subsequent acquisition of Legent.

"It used to have a pretty good LRU cache modeler built in."  Assuming that "it"
means FastDASD, then I don't remember the upper limit on the supported cache
size.  Supporting that function was one of my all-time favorite projects.  And
thanks for the honorable mention.

Bill Fairchild

[Most nouns and adjectives can easily be verbed, as in "The operator onlined
the volume".]

Software Developer
Rocket Software
275 Grove Street * Newton, MA 02466-2272 * USA
Tel: +1.617.614.4503 * Mobile: +1.508.341.1715
Email: bi...@mainstar.com
Web: www.rocketsoftware.com