Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
To: <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
Sent: Monday, May 03, 2010 12:27 PM
Subject: Re: How to analyze a volume's access by dataset

I never worked with GTFPARS, and only now vaguely remember it, thanks to your mentioning it.

After CA bought UCCEL in 1987 and redundanted me [1], I lost all contact with FastDASD's goings-on. So I don't know about its functional replacement by Astex which occurred with CA's subsequent acquisition of Legent.

"It used to have a pretty good LRU cache modeler built in." Assuming that "it" means FastDASD, then I don't remember the upper limit on the supported cache size. Supporting that function was one of my all-time favorite projects. And thanks for the honorable mention.

Bill Fairchild

[Most nouns and adjectives can easily be verbed, as in "The operator onlined the volume".]

Software Developer
Rocket Software
275 Grove Street * Newton, MA 02466-2272 * USA
Tel: +1.617.614.4503 * Mobile: +1.508.341.1715
Email: bi...@mainstar.com