On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 9:16 PM, Lorne Dudley <dudl...@queensu.ca> wrote:

> The October 2001 issue of the Xephon MVS Update 181 contained REXX Cross
> Memory assembler subroutine code allowing access to information in other
> memory spaces by ASID.
>
> I was never able to get this to operate properly.
>
> Has anyone had any success with this or do you have some equivalent code
> that you can share ???

Highly unlikely unless I'm missing something obvious. The only LEGAL way to
access memory in some other address space is via an SRB. You need to be in
sup state and key zero to schedule an SRB and REXX runs key 8 and problem
state. But if we're allowed to cheat then I'll play :-)

--
This email might be from the
artist formerly known as CC