From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Ray Overby
Sent: 11 May 2010 15:52
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Accessing Cross Memory Storage in REXX

My understanding is if the target address space is non-swappable then
you can safely use non-srb code to obtain access to the other address
space's private area. I believe the unpredictability comes when the
target address spaces are swappable. Depending upon your application
requirements non-srb code may in fact work. For example, address spaces
with a system LX that support space switch pc routines will always be
non-swappable. If your application required data from these address
spaces you should be ok. There are other address spaces that normally
run non-swappable. However, you could not access all address spaces with
this technique. For swappable address spaces you should use SRB code. As
usual, it depends upon your application.........