My understanding is if the target address space is non-swappable then you can safely use non-srb code to obtain access to the other address space's private area. I believe the unpredictability comes when the target address spaces are swappable. Depending upon your application requirements non-srb code may in fact work. For example, address spaces with a system LX that support space switch pc routines will always be non-swappable. If your application required data from these address spaces you should be ok. There are other address spaces that normally run non-swappable. However, you could not access all address spaces with this technique. For swappable address spaces you should use SRB code. As usual, it depends upon your application.........