On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 14:10:06 EDT, Ed Finnell wrote:

>In a message dated 6/27/2010 12:27:56 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
>joarmc writes:
>
>like the ability to run a special purpose
>scripting language to  enhance JCL creation. Or looping, how I would like
>some looping at  times!
>>>
>Yeah, just get your XEDIT guy to code it  up. 6000 jobs later, the system
>comes back!

There was a time, not very long ago, when ad-hoc use of INTRDR
was deprecated (controlled?) because they were a finite resource.
I suspect one could still create pretty much havoc by OPENing
INTRDRs up to a system limit, and feeding each the content of
an SVC dump (perhaps throttled to a few dozen bytes/sec) and
watching the "SKIPPING FOR JOB CARD" messages scroll by on the
operators' console.

-- gil