On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 16:07:33 +0200, Erik Janssen wrote:

>Testing the changes I noticed when I log on to TSO the help
>panel says that the maximum possible region size is 2096128.
>This is 1 MB less than 2 GB, which would be 2097152. Can
>somebody tell me why the max is not exactly 2GB?

Doesn't the TSO SIZE specification work the same way as the
JCL REGION parameter?  That is, a specification less than 16 MB
allows the the specified region below the line (if available) and
32 MB above and a specification greater than 16 MB sets the
above the line region.

In any case, there is quite a bit of storage that you can never
use as part of your region.  The z/OS nucleus, LPA, CSA and SQA
all limit the maximum available region for your TSO session.
They add up to a lot more than 1 MB.  You might only have about
1.5 GB available.

--
Tom Marchant