On 6/29/2010 1:16 PM, James Williamson wrote:
Always? I seem to recall that MVT could have 1 to 3 TSO regions of up to
896k each of real core. Each region might have been running many TSO
sessions.

That doesn't sound right. Each TSO session runs in its own region, and you need an additional TCAM or VTAM region to handle terminal I/O. A machine with 4MB was considered large. So if you had three sessions of that size, your machine probably wasn't doing much else.

In our case we opted to run Wylbur, with dozens of users, which gave as much higher productivity.

Gerhard Postpischil
Bradford, VT