Erik,

The "z/OS V1R10.0 TSO/E Customization" reads in chapter 3.2.2 about
limiting TSO user's region size: 1) Logon pre-prompt exit 2) SIZE operand
of LOGON command 3) default region size defined to user (RACF TSO segment
as I assume) and two other. Point 3) seems to be relevant here. The "z/OS
Security Server RACF Command Language Reference" reads about the TSO
segment: "The specified value must be an integer 0?65535 if the database
is shared with any MVS systems, or 0?2096128 if the database is not shared
with any MVS systems." So if you have a RACF database not shared with any
MVS system, I think this should be your explanation on this number.

Cheers
Michael

Erik Janssen <erik.jans...@ing.nl>
Gesendet von: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
29.06.2010 16:07
Bitte antworten an
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>

An
IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Kopie

Thema
TSO region size

Hello List,

We are standardising our default TSO region sizes on 64MB since we start
seeing more and more problems with programs abending, because people still
have 4MB region size as a default. 64MB seemed like a reasonable value to
solve some of the issues and not introduce any new.
Testing the changes I noticed when I log on to TSO the help panel says
that the maximum possible region size is 2096128. This is 1 MB less than 2
GB, which would be 2097152. Can somebody tell me why the max is not
exactly 2GB?

Regards,

Erik Janssen.

ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and
confidential, and only intended for the addressee. Should you
receive this message by mistake, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or use of this
message is strictly prohibited. Please inform the sender by
reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
opening it.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known.
If this message contains password-protected attachments, the
files have NOT been scanned for viruses by the ING mail domain.