The dynamic allocation issue that we suffer from is primarily IDCAMS.  Some of
the functions that do not use the FILE parameter allocate the affected file
with dynamic allocation.  There are other utilities such as DFDSS (ADRDSSU)
that also get involved at least with ENQ testing.  These may or may not use
the program call interface to ENQ.  The point is that if a batch job uses JCL
allocate a file and has a conflict then it issues a "waiting for dataset"
message
but does not fail.  Other dataset conflicts especially those using dynamic
allocation are not so lucky.  I would like to blame the developers but they are
also victims.  One other side effect is without this facility sloppy scheduling
will now cause failures.  An improperly scheduled production job may cause
another to fail.  Someone will have to scour syslogs to find those jobs.  With
the front-end one job would just wait a little bit.  This facility has saved
thousands of failures over the years.  I assume others have had similar issues
and either use data isolation or a 2x4 over the head approach.  It might be
worth a SHARE requirement to provide an exit point to address this problem.