On 8/31/2010 4:03 PM, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
IIRC, the top byte of the ETOD is documented as "reserved"
or "undefined".  We can guess.  We can be wrong.  So as far
as is (was) currently documented, the ETOD overflows at the
same time as the old TOD.

Description of STCKE behavior:

The  current  value  of  bits  0-103  of  the  TOD clock is stored in byte
positions 1-13 of the sixteen-byte field designated by the  second-operand
address,  provided  the  clock  is  in the set, stopped, or not-set state.
Zeros are stored in byte position 0.   The TOD  programmable  field,  bits
16-31 of the TOD programmable register, is stored in byte positions 14 and
15.

The operand just described has the following format:

|     |                             |Programm- |
|Zeros|          TOD Clock          |able Field|
0      8                            112      127

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc