On 9/7/2010 8:27 PM, Clark Morris wrote:
On 7 Sep 2010 15:19:03 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main you wrote:

---------------------------------------<snip>---------------------------------
Why is JES2 better than JES3?
-------------------------------------<unsnip>----------------------------------
Each one has its merits and drawbacks. Jes2, in general, has more
limited capabilities but a much smaller virtual storage requirement. One
shop I recently had contact with told me that their JES3 was running a
fairly small working set: ONLY 200 MB.

My that footprint has gone up since I ran JES3 on a 4 or 8 meg 4341 in
single system image.

We are currently running JES3 on a z10BC with in a 4GB LPAR.
The JES3 working set is around 40MB. Of course we are a small
shop.

--
Richard