From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Craddock, Chris
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 7:27 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: HFS vs. zFS?

Well its late in the day and I just couldn't resist. So I'm a bad
person.

> Suppose, for the sake of argument, that I want to keep all the z/OS
> documentation that I currently have on a Windows share on z/OS itself.
> I plan to put it all in z/OS UNIX files and serve it up via the HTTPD
> server. This avoids any dependance on the Windows server for our
> documentation.

Was there any compelling reason to move them? Seems to me if your z/OS
box is face down in the dirt for whatever reason, and you need doc in a
hurry to get it upright again, that having the doc somewhere other than
on the system that was down, or in trouble, was probably a good idea.

Was there ever a time when you needed to access the doc (on windows) and
couldn't? I'm not pushing the idea of putting it on windows, but if it's
already there anyway why move it? Worst case I suppose you could just
access it directly from the IBM pubs site and never need to update your
own copy.