John,

I like it!, but in your example I think you meant to use "PGM=COZBATCH", and
not "PROC=COZPROC"
Also (a nit), but you have a typo (two different names for the shell
variable).

This is a good example of how inline use of the z/OS Unix shell can be used
as an effective scripting language in the context of JCL.  It may not be of
interest to traditionalists, but more and more folks using z/OS these days
also know Unix and mixing USS with JCL can be very cool.

Kirk Wolf
Dovetailed Technologies
http://dovetail.com

PS> Just to clarify:
COZBATCH runs a shell script in batch ( a friendlier replacement for
BPXBATCH).
COZPROC is a PROC for the Co:Z Launcher, which runs a script on a remote
system, in an environment where the remote script can access z/OS datasets
in the launching job.
Both are part of the free Co:Z Toolkit