On 10/19/2010 1:06 PM, Ricc Harding wrote:
I have always taken comfort in the fact that every message was going to be
on the syslog. This always gave an immutable "paper trail" (remember when we
tried to print the "hardcopy log" on paper.

Maybe I am an anachronism but I think the syslog should always have every
message all the time. If you don't want to see every message then don't look
at the syslog.

I would absolutely vote NO to changing the way the syslog messages are
recorded and would NOT ever like to see messages "disappear".

There HAS to be a place where the entire story is still available IMNSHO.

But if I understand this correctly, these messages normally didn't
go to syslog. They only went to syslog if MPF deleted them from the
console.

Perhaps it would help if we had a sample of the sorts of messages that
specify no hardcopy.

--
Richard