Mark,

>1) It is recommended to NOT use IEFUSI for OMVS (I removed it many
>years ago).
>2) When I did, I checked for OMVS and skipped writing the messages:
>             CLC   0(4,R5),=C'OMVS'
>             BE   SKIPWTO

ehm, my USI does this (and has been since I rewrote it when memlimit came
out):

CLC   0(4,SUBNAME),=C'OMVS'
BNE   MNOMVS                 not OMVS
MVC   16(8,RA),Z6GIG         MEMLIMIT max for OMVS:=6G
B     EXIT                   so exit, memlimit stays 6GB

Now, I don't understand what a 'step ended' message spit out for every step
by IEFACTRT (hence TRT* message) has to do with IEFUSI? We also have
a 'step has started' message named UJI001 spit out of IEFUJI. That dates from
before my time here.

:-)

Best regards, Barbara