Frank Swarbrick wrote:
Is CEEROPT supposed to be able to affect a regular batch job, or is it just for
CICS and IMS?

CICS/IMS.

I assembled a CEEROPT in to a private load library and then put it in my JOBLIB
concatenation but it doesn't appear to have any effect.  Works fine for a CICS region.
Is this "working as designed"?

Yes.

The documentation is (to me) unclear if regular batch is supported in this
regard.

Regular batch wants CEEUOPT. See "2.1.1.6 Creating an application-specific run-time options module (AMODE 31)" in the LE Customization book.

Bob