From: Rob Schramm <rob.schr...@gmail.com>
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Sent: Tue, February 15, 2011 11:19:43 AM
Subject: Re: z/OS 1.13 preview

John,

Not that I am a firm advocate of vi ... (I used to complain endlessly about
it when I was working on AIX and grew to more of a grudging acceptance
because it was one of the few things I could count on when moving in between
the various UNIX flavors) but it is nice to know the basics.  I am
encouraged that even vi made the list for 1.13.  I have to agree that
additional movement in Unix System Services shell would be a good thing.
Although, I think I see the writing clearly when it comes to zOSMF.  I
think that zOSMF will become the defacto delivery for all new interactions
with z/OS.  It is just way too much of a no-brainer.  Not that I see them
dropping TSO/ISPF because having a fairly simple way to interact with z/OS
is always going to be a requirement.

Rob

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 11:07 AM, McKown, John <
john.mck...@healthmarkets.com> wrote:

> [...]

Rob Schramm
Senior Systems Engineer

w: 513.305.6224