John, I'm not trying to be funny, but have you tried obrowse or oedit.
Or maybe the environment that you connect with doesn't support it?

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of McKown, John
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2011 11:10 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: z/OS 1.13 preview

I'd prefer that they replace their "vi" clone with the FOSS "vim". All
that I see in the announcement about "vi" is enhanced support of ASCII,
not functionality.

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group

HealthMarkets(r)

(817) 255-3225 phone *

proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the
original message. HealthMarkets(r) is the brand name for products
underwritten and issued by the insurance subsidiaries of HealthMarkets,
Inc. -The Chesapeake Life Insurance Company(r), Mid-West National Life
Insurance Company of TennesseeSM and The MEGA Life and Health Insurance
Company.SM

==========================
solely for the use of the individual or entity
to which they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please
notify the system manager. This message
contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual
named. If you are not the named addressee you
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the
sender immediately by e-mail if you
have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.
If you are not the intended recipient
you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in
reliance on the contents of this
information is strictly prohibited.