John,

I didn't think &MAXSIZE took multivolume into account. Isn't it just primary
+ (15 * secondary)?

I've often thought that compression products should come with a sampling
utility to read one CYL of a dataset and provide a compression report. This
could be used to isolate find the best compression candidates.

If you're willing to write out that sample CYL one could probably write
something to do this with REXX, SAS or lower level language.

Ron

> to maintain. Is there an easier way which does not require that the
individual
> DEFINE desks specify the DCEXTC data class? I cannot depend on the
programmers
> to do this correctly. And they would rise up in arms if I tried, anyway.
Also,