ps2...@yahoo.com (Ed Gould) writes:
> I am not sure any numbers you can come up with would tell a story (thats
> accurate). I suspect even IBM (in some cases) does not have a clue as to what
> is
> running on any given machine. Especially in the "sensitive areas" of the
> government. I knew of one place that was forbidden to call IBM for software
> service. I know IBM has people that have the right clearances (heck I
> know/knew
> (he has passed away) one that worked in one of the basements of the
> Whitehouse
> and he couldn't tell me too much what he was working on) He may have told me
> too
> much just about the existance but we both had clearences at the time.

i can imagine that the person scanning the PROFS backup tapes in
response to the congressional subpoena (iran/contra/north), required
quite a few clearances.

more recent ...

Hacking of White House E-Mail Affected Diverse Departments
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/04/technology/04hack.html
Gmail Hack Targeted White House
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304563104576361863723857124.html

a little topic drift in this recent post:
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2011g.html#61 z/OS System Programmer Needed East
Coast