Anne,

Funny you mentioned that. He was part of the team that looked through the
watergate email (profs) and he was also involved in trying to get data from
some of the drives. He didn't go into a lot of detail but there was some effort
to try and recover overwritten data. I also did not press him for details.

One thing he did tell me was that the  White House was using fiber optics for
channels. That was decade before IBM made it GA. Something about not having
large cables between rooms so if a bomb hit nothing could be leaked between
rooms.

Ed

Sent from my iPad