On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Sam Siegel <s...@pscsi.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 9:27 AM, Chris Craddock <crashlu...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 4:53 PM, Micheal Butz <michealb...@optonline.net
> >wrote:
> <snip> On the other hand; If you are trying to schedule an SRB into
> -any-other-
> > address space, then (somehow) you have to make sure the code will be
> > addressable when the SRB is dispatched. In general that means loading it
> > into common storage (technically it should be in SQA rather than CSA, but
> > that's a minor nit)
>
> I'm curious on the technical distinction between putting the SRB code
> in SQA versus CSA.
>
> Can you elaborate?

(E)SQA has the correct storage attributes. (E)SQA is key zero and page
fixed. You should never load SRB code into anything but key zero and the
code should never be paged out, hence my use of the term SQA as a technical
nit. You -can- make appropriate choices of subpool and macro options to get
equivalent attributes from (E)CSA and if (as usual) there's no SQA available
VSM will give you CSA equivalent anyway - known as SQA "overflowing" to
CSA.

--
This email might be from the
artist formerly known as CC