IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu> wrote on 10/17/2011
01:03:09 PM:

> (E)SQA has the correct storage attributes. (E)SQA is key zero and page
> fixed. You should never load SRB code into anything but key zero and the
> code should never be paged out, hence my use of the term SQA as a
technical
> nit. You -can- make appropriate choices of subpool and macro options to
get
> equivalent attributes from (E)CSA and if (as usual) there's no SQA
available

  The SRB control block must be in fixed common storage.

  There is no requirement for the SRB code to be in fixed storage
(unless the code executes disabled for I/O and external
interrupts).

  There is no requirement for the SRB code to be in key zero storage.
Of course, if the code is in common storage or in the private area
of an address space where untrusted code can execute, it should be
in some system key (0-7).

Jim Mulder   z/OS System Test   IBM Corp.  Poughkeepsie,  NY