Is all that's required for setting a recovery routine for the SRB is setting
a address in SRBFRRA ?

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf
Of Tom Harper
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 8:48 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: SYSTEM ABEND CODE 0F8 REASON CODE 00000014 under TESTAUTH

Michael,

It sounds like you are issuing the SETFRR under your TCB which is going to
SCHEDULE your SRB. This is not necessary and will almost certainly cause you
problems, such as the 0F8 abend, and this FRR will not protect your SRB.

FRR's can be used to establish a recovery environment for a TCB, but I don't
think you really need one here. If you do need such an environment, I would
use an ESTAEX.

You can choose to use an FRR with your SRB, or, you can just let it
percolate back to your TCB, as Chris mentioned. If you do want an FRR for
your SRB, you can just set its address in the SRBFRRA field or you can issue
your own SETFRR rearly in the SRB code. I would also suggest issuing an
SRBTIMER macro to catch any loops you might have.

Like the Binjamin and Chris, I wonder what you're trying to accomplish here.
It sounds like this is your first foray into this sort of coding, but it
also appears that you haven't read all of the background material in the
z/OS Authorized Programming Guide, which I suggest you should do. In there
are the answers to all of the questions you've been asking here.

If you are determined to push ahead, I'm hoping you are testing on a sandbox
system.

Please be more communicative with your objectives here.

Tom