With the current CICS and COBOL, you must compile your COBOL with NODYNAM, as
I'm sure you know. "static" CALLs in CICS are still "not supported". However,
with LE, it is now supported to do dynamic CALLs in COBOL. The dynamically
CALLed subroutine still needs to be defined to CICS. The CICS Language
Environment run-time does a CICS LOAD of the program, then the usual BALR/BASR
to actually invoke the subroutine. The problem that I have with it is that this
is not the equivalent of EXEC CICS LINK. CICS does not "know" that you've
transferred control to a different program. And so any CICS messages, such as
abends, in the CALL'd program have the name of the last program that was
invoked via the EXEC CICS LINK type interface, instead of the real program name.

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group