The whole point of DYNAM is that you do NOT have to recompile calling programs
when a subroutine is recompiled UNLESS the interface changes (E.G. if the
arguments change format or order of position or new values are required, etc.).

The reason that CICS requires NODYNAM is that the CALL's that result from "EXEC
CICS" statements have to be statically invoked and thus linked into the load
module.  Using "CALL variable-name" invokes dynamic calls regardless of the
DYNAM/NODYNAM setting, even if the value of "variable name" is never changed.

HTH

Peter

attachments from your system.