I think that is what you are wanting. Now, if you don't really want to be in AR
mode, I would probably use:

 CPYA 3,4 COPY ACCESS REG 4 INTO ACCRESS REG 4
 LA   3,0(,4) LOAD ADDRESS PORTION OF GPR 4 INTO GPR3

or maybe
  CPYA 3,4
  LR 3,4

or perhaps even
  CPYA 3,4
  LGR 3,4

As Perl people say: "There's more than one way to do it."

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group