The IBM statement of Integrity or its equivalent is a standard that all authorized programs should conform with. See IBM statement of Integrity <http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/z/os/zos/features/racf/zos_integrity_statement.html>. If you look at z/OS V1R12.0 MVS Authorized Assembler Services Guide: 21.1.2 <http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/iea2a8b0/21.1.2?ACTION=MATCHES&REQUEST=system+integrity&TYPE=FUZZY&SHELF=EZ2ZBK0K&DT=20100629141054&CASE=&searchTopic=TOPIC&searchText=TEXT&searchIndex=INDEX&rank=RANK&ScrollTOP=FIRSTHIT#FIRSTHIT>/you/ will see that IBM puts the responsibility on the installation for ensuring the integrity (i.e. - conforms to the IBM statement of Integrity) for any modifications or extensions to z/OS the installation makes. This would include any authorized code written/installed by the installation as well as any authorized code installed that is from ISVs.

If the backdoor, intercept, or other authorized program violates the IBM statement of integrity then it is a problem that needs to be remediated.

Ray Overby
Key Resources, Inc.
Ensuring System Integrity for z/Series^(TM)
www.zassure.com
(312)574-0007