Since this sort of thing is expected of me, I will note that we find
ourselves between Scylla and Charybdis here.

Chris Craddock's formulation was open to the exception that Peter
Relson took: there is fetch-protected storage the contents of which
its owner is entirely free to make available to others.

Peter's exception is logically impeccable.  It did, however, seem to
me to be a very special one; and I observed that it was.  I still
prefer the ROT that the contents of protected storage should not be
made available to the unauthorized (in any but very special
circumstances, when they are known procedurally to be innocuous.).

To repeat myself now, Peter is nonetheless correct in the abstract.
There is a long intellectual tradition which has it that the
production of just one black swan is an unanswerable refutation of the
proposition that all swans are white.

John Gilmore, Ashland, MA 01721 - USA