On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 08:50:41 +0100, R.S. <r.skoru...@bremultibank.com.pl> wrote:

>Just curious: what about DB2, MQ,  maybe DFSMS, DFSMShsm?
>
>What else need to be reset to get DST ?
>Any clue?
>

>From some notes I have:

The only other "IBM" thing used to be RMF III, but that was changed (fixed)
quite a while ago at the z/OS 1.3 level.   Also IMS prior to V6 would need
to recycled (and down for an hour in the fall) due to using local time.
I hope no one is running an OS level that old that can still
support IMS V6.

Records in LOGREC are recorded with a time stamp of local time.
As a result, records might be produced with duplicate timestamps in
the fall, but would not cause any logic problems downstream.

Records in SYSLOG are recorded with local timestamps, but, like LOGREC,
are cosmetic in nature.

I'm sure this is also in the archives, but the use of CA Datacom
as part of these CA products changes things a little:

JOBTRAC  - JOBTRAC and ISERVE should be brought down prior to the
 time change, then restarted after the clock is reset.  For the backward time
change in the fall, JOBTRAC needs to be down for an hour because of the
checkpoint file.

** What's new with Datacom in the picture here is that prior to restart
this command should be issued to the MUF:
   MODIFY muf_name,TIME_SYNC

DISPATCH  - Bring down prior to the time change and then restart after
the clock is reset.   You don't need to wait an hour for the backward time
change in the fall.

I also had a note for Omegamon II regarding the history task and
some reset commands to issue to other tasks, but again, this is very
old and I know we haven't done anything with Omegamons going
back as far as I can remember now.

Regards,

Mark
mailto:m...@mzelden.com