On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:15:52 -0500, Arthur T. wrote:

>>>Anyone found a way round the limit of 8 concurrent TSO
>>>users when running under z/OS.e.
>>
>>I am surprised to see this in a public forum because my
>>recollection is that if you do get "round the limit" it would violate
>>the terms and conditions under which z/OS.e is being used.
>
>      I thought the same, until I read the OP's second
>sentence, which you snipped:
>>Such as give IBM  a bit more money to get a few more users?
>
>      That implies to me that he's looking for above-board
>methods.  And, as others have noted, all responses have
>been for legal work-arounds.  Also the OP's response to
>those suggestions implies that that's the kind of thing he
>was looking for.
>
>>  The way "round the limit" is to purchase z/OS not z/OS.e.
>
>      IBM has been known to offer deals that only *some* of
>their salesmen knew about.  Maybe they don't in this case,
>but how can you tell unless you ask enough people?

I am surprised that no one mentioned seeing whether IBM would tolerate an
PRPQ for it.  Somewhere between 8 and (perhaps) 64 concurrent TSO users
might fall into a range where marketing or RPQ folks would be interested in
(a) not alienating the customer and (b) picking up some money from the
table.

I've always seen the RPQ/PRPQ folks as useful in situations like this.
(Maybe its just my skewed view.)

--
Tom Schmidt
Madison, WI