Pat,

believe me or not... there's no way to restart a Parallel Sysplex on a D/R
site and
with a "one shot" IPL operation, unless you have an empty XCF Couple
Dataset and a
COUPLExx parameter for D/R purposes. XCF couple datasets have an
administrative section,
generally not accessible by customer code, where infos about active sysplex
are recorded
and used in further restarts... To restart a parallel sysplex in a
different location and
with differents CF (in one step....) you must have an XCF couple dataset
clean and manually
point (via PARMLIB) to your desired CFRM Policy (your loved one... with all
CF specified)...

As per CICS LOGR files, the only way is to have logstreams DASDONLY....

HTH

...snip ...
I am not under a GDPS environment, only PPRC to our hotsite. All Peering
will be broken when as DR scenario comes in to play. I want to have my
policies available at the initial IPL of the DR system and take off where
we had our primary system fail. I was hoping not to maintain multiple
policies and if I come up with a clean COUPLE environment, how does it deal
with CICS recovery where LOGR files were in use? I figured if I could
understand a method to keep the COUPLE datasets intct from the priary site
I would not have to do anything unusual at the DR location.
...snip ...
Paolo Cacciari
Business Continuity and Recovery Services, IBM Global Services - South
Region, EMEA
Via Darwin 85, 20019 Settimo Milanese(MI) – Italy - MISET001
"The goal is to be prepared for a disaster not to continually plan for a
successful test"
* [EMAIL PROTECTED]
( + 39 051 41.36799   Mobile: + 39 335 6287584
7 + 39 02 596.23288