From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Russell Witt
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 12:13 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Non-SMP/e packaging

I had a request from a client today, asking when CA-1 would stop being
delivered in SMP/e format and would be a simple library-download. From
my other talks with clients, I thought everyone wanted products
delivered in SMP/e format. And this was the first time I had seen a
request to go backwards to simply giving people a loadlib that they
could refresh on a monthly/quarterly basis as required. This client
pointed to a number of other products that do not use SMP/e and he felt
SMP/e way to cumbersome to deal with (obviously, he was in charge of OEM
products and not maintenance to the operating system itself). Still, I
have to ask, would clients prefer to have an optional non-SMP/e
installation procedure even when it means having to download a fresh
copy of the product in order to apply maintenance?

I am not saying I can change the packaging of CA-1 by myself, but if
many clients are interested it is something I can push for. I have just
never seen a request like this before.

Russell Witt
CA-1 Level-2 Support Manager

email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If
you think you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the
sender by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail immediately.
Thank you. Aetna