On 19 Oct 2006 10:44:44 -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Chase, John)
wrote:

>> Twice I clicked on the link below, and each time it screwed
>> up my Outlook Express so I had to do CTL Alt Del and end the program.
>
>Mostly examples of "tortured English" by job applicants to an
>advertising agency in Chicago, but in one way pretty doggone funny.  But
>from another perspective it would likely sicken you to contemplate how
>much of the money the "edjamacation racket" extracted from you by force
>over the years was utterly wasted....

I used both Firefox and Opera - I won't risk OE unless I have to.

One of the links at the bottom of the page is a paper about companies
with 3 letter names.    IBM, EDS, and NCR aren't  successful because
of their three-letter names.    Starting a company, get a name that
people can remember.

I also prefer banks with names like Key Bank and Compass rather than
1st National Bank.    Make your name stand out.

I once worked for a company called OAO.   It seems that it's long gone
first contract was for the Orbiting Astronomical Observatory.   Now
it's name was a meaningless TLA.

International Business Machines was a well-known successful company
which could afford to shorten its name.    Now it doesn't want to be
associated with only machines, but at one time prospective customers
wanted to know what it sold.