In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 12/14/2006
   at 05:49 PM, Walt Farrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>(Though even there, if they
>duplicated a GUI closely enough, copyright might apply.)

Didn't Apple and Lotus lose their look and feel lawsuits?

>A copyright could stop someone from using your program; a patent
>could stop them from creating their own program that duplicates your
>ideas.

No. A copyright prohibits someone from copying your program, except
insofar as fair use permits it. You are free to give or sell the
program to someone else, and he is free to use it. A license, however,
is different from either copyright or patent protection, and has its
own rules.