Hi,

We have the following IBM box :

*IBM z890-2086-A04 Model 6260 with SN 2549A ; with zOS 1.7. in 64 bit mode ; z990 Exploitation Feature (there are two IFL in this configuration).

We have 5 LPAR's defined on this box and 1 Linux Lpar.

None of these LPAR's are capped and we are running at 150% CPU busy on the Production Lpar.

Questions :

1.  Would these different LPAR's not effect each other
2. Why do I need 2 test LPAR's in this setup
3. Should it not be more beneficial to remove some of these LPAR's. So instead of 5 , I rather define 3.

Some people are arguing that we should move some of the Test CICS'se , off the Prod LPAR and into a Test LPAR. I prefer to run less LPAR's and keep everything on the Prod Lpar.

What do you think ?

Anton