On Sat, 2007-01-20 at 15:04 -0500, Ed Finnell wrote:

> Remember one large shop gave a user benchmark(late eighties) with and
> without PR/SM and it was near 30% overhead on a 400J.

Muggs- they should have used Amdahl kit, then they could have benefited
from MDF ....  :o)

Anyway back to Antons questions.
Presumably the Linux LPAR is running on the 2 IFLs. It is not a
consideration in performance terms at 110%. To all intents and purposes
it is running dedicated (unless there is a VM LPAR we don't know about
lurking around), and below capacity.
That leaves 2 engines for the other 5 LPARs - with at least one having
two logical engines defined. Makes for a bad logical~physical ratio.

So ... as the others have said, get the number of MVS LPARs down.

Shane ...