In a message dated 1/20/2007 9:21:05 A.M. Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I would  recommend removing 2 LPARs and consolidating workloads. But I'm
thinking  from a technical standpoint; you may have other considerations,
as in  point 2. YMMV. Beware of possible "turf wars" within your shop.
You may  also have to rethink LPAR weighting factors.

I agree and would CAP the Test and Development LPARs significantly. Again
assumptions are made as to business model. I've seen financial institutions
where Production and Test were mandated "electronically separate" and
developmental environments where 'testing is our priority'. Further at 150%
utilization
WLM doesn't function well. I'll plug Cheryl's Goal Tender
software(_www.watsonwalker.com_ (http://www.watsonwalker.com) ) to  see how
your goals are fairing against reality. It may be that you're only  buying time
for the next upgrade, but at least you'll  have corroboration/justification.