Hi list.

This is probably a case of not seeing the forest due to the trees, but
here goes.

We are z/OS 1.4, JES2, and running control-m for a job scheduler.  I
have certain jobs that show up differently under SDSF depending on how I
look at them.  Because of this apparent disparity, job output that is
supposed to be going away isn't.  In my case, output class "H" is
normally deleted by a JES2 automatic command run every night, if the
output is more than 18 hours old.  Output class "X" is cleaned up after
90 days.

Here is an example of one such job that is confusing me:

Here are a few lines from the job output:

------ JES2 JOB STATISTICS ------

  09 NOV 2006 JOB EXECUTION DATE

           59 CARDS READ

        1,258 SYSOUT PRINT RECORDS

            0 SYSOUT PUNCH RECORDS

           89 SYSOUT SPOOL KBYTES

         0.03 MINUTES EXECUTION TIME

        1 //WSCSY069 JOB DDDD,BUSSERV,   PHOENIX DAILY REPORT PRINTING
JOB08907
          //         CLASS=A,MSGCLASS=H,MSGLEVEL=(1,1),REGION=4096K,

          //         COND=(8,LT)

Here is what the DSID list looks like, if I look at it via the SDSF ST
screen:

SDSF JOB DATA SET DISPLAY - JOB WSCSY069 (JOB08907)    LINE 1-5 (5)

COMMAND INPUT ===>
SCROLL ===>     CSR
PREFIX=WSCSY069  DEST=(ALL)  OWNER=*  SYSNAME=

NP      DDNAME   StepName       ProcStep DSID Owner    C Dest
Rec-Cnt         Page-Cnt        Byte-Cnt        CC
        JESMSGLG JES2                 2 BMCU     H LOCAL
19             1,353  1
        JESJCL   JES2                 3 BMCU     H LOCAL
154             9,394  1
        JESYSMSG JES2                 4 BMCU     H LOCAL
106             6,127  1
        SYSPRINT NONCAT2  CONTROLR  101 BMCU     H LOCAL
44             2,382  1
        DAPRENV  NONCAT2  CONTROLR  118 BMCU     H LOCAL
472            22,856  1

Here is the same job DSID list if I look at it going through the SDSF O
screen:

SDSF JOB DATA SET DISPLAY - JOB WSCSY069 (JOB08907)    LINE 1-5 (5)

COMMAND INPUT ===>
SCROLL ===>     CSR
PREFIX=WSCSY069  DEST=(ALL)  OWNER=*  SYSNAME=

NP      DDNAME   StepName ProcStep DSID Owner    C Dest
Rec-Cnt         Page-Cnt        Byte-Cnt        CC
        JESMSGLG JES2                 2 BMCU     X LOCAL
19             1,353  1           1 11
        JESJCL   JES2                 3 BMCU     X LOCAL
154             9,394  1           1 11
        JESYSMSG JES2                 4 BMCU     X LOCAL
106             6,127  1           1 11
        SYSPRINT NONCAT2  CONTROLR  101 BMCU     X LOCAL
44             2,382  1           1 11
        DAPRENV  NONCAT2  CONTROLR  118 BMCU     X LOCAL
472            22,856  1           1 11

How is it that the same job shows the output in class "H" at one point
but class "X" at another?   My guess is that it has something to do with
control-m, but I can't prove that.  If it is control-m, how can I fix it
so that the output purges when it is supposed to?

TIA

Rex