Don Leahy wrote:
>ISPF forces you to remember a *lot* of data set names.

You can set up personal dataset lists, or write a front end to the editor,
or...

The point is, you are not 'forced' to do anything.

I have written many applications, myself, for ISPF, and, I see no need for
SPIFFY (or SIMPLIST -- especially since that one may have keys), a lot of
it is too easy to justify the cost of the product, especially with the
mainframe issues of today.

With all due respect, you are thinking like a systems programmer.  Think of
the great unwashed masses of other ISPF users who just want to *use* ISPF.

I agree with Don on this. No need to reinvent the wheel
and re-develop tools if the cost of the tools is less
than the cost of your doing it [again] yourself.

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock