Don Leahy said:
>I have hundreds of different DB2 tables that I need to look at. I use SPUFI all the time, but keeping track of table names on "scraps of paper" is yet another productivity drain.

Ted MacNEIL said:
Why is this a limitation to ISPF?
ISPF doesn't maintain DB2 tables; DB2 does.

Why *isn't* it a limitation of ISPF? ISPF is the user interface to the mainframe, in just the same way as Windows is the user interface to the PC. If I'm working on my PC and I click a PDF document, Windows opens the Adobe reader. If I click an XMI file (which MicroSoft might not even have heard of), Windows launches the XMI browser I downloaded. I can click MP3 files, REXX files, JPEG files (etc etc) and Windows launches the appropriate tool.

The mainframe is a platform to be proud of. You should expect the interface to do more than what other operating systems can do, not less.

Dave Salt
SimpList(tm) - The easiest, most powerful way to surf a mainframe!
http://www.mackinney.com/products/SIM/simplist.htm

http://local.live.com/?mkt=en-ca/?v=2&cid=A6D6BDB4586E357F!420