Clark Morris wrote:
As someone who modified an exit 6 from the CBT tape that set job class
based on job requirements to meet my shop's needs, I obviously
disagree vehemently.  Job class is a means of assigning work.  If the
job class is based on job requirements known at JCL interpretation,
then it is better for the organization to have the system set the job
class.  That way if rules change, JCL doesn't have to change. Further,
it is one less piece of arcanity that the applications people have to
remember in order to do their job.

Why do the methods have to be exclusive? It's perfectly simple to categorize jobs lacking a CLASS, and to verify those that do.

Gerhard Postpischil
Bradford, VT

new e-mail address: gerhardp (at) charter (dot) net